Difficulty: Very Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
130g (4½ oz) natural organic yogurt
380g (13 oz) self raising flour
130g (4½ oz) caster sugar
40g (1½ oz) butter, melted
Finely grated zest of 1 organic lemon
Freshly squeezed juice of 1 organic lemon
40g (1½ oz) currants
1. Soak the currants in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl; add sugar and beat well until soft and creamy.
3. Stir in juice, lemon zest and yoghurt.
4. Pour in butter and flour. Mix well together and incorporate the currants.
5. Spoon the mixture into a 25cm(10in) buttered cake pan and bake for 30 minutes at 180C/350F/Gas4.