Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
200g (7 oz) self raising flour
200g (7 oz) good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solid)
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
80g (3 oz) butter
100ml (3½fl oz) milk
Icing sugar for garnish
1. Melt chocolate (coarsely chopped) and butter in small pan over low heat stirring constantly.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl until soft and creamy.
3. Whisk in the milk then add flour, butter and chocolate. Mix all the ingredients until they are well incorporated.
4. Grease a ring pan and pour in the mixture.
5. Bake at 180C/350F/Gas4 for 30-40 minutes. Let cool and garnish with icing sugar.