Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
250g (9 oz) self raising flour
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
50g (2 oz) butter
125g (4½ oz) natural organic yoghurt
50g (2 oz) good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solid)
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Peel, core and cut the pears in thin slices. Place them in a bowl with 30g of sugar and lemon juice.
2. Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar and yoghurt in a separate bowl until soft and creamy.
3. Melt the chocolate (coarsely chopped) and the butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Let cool then add to the eggs.
4. Sift the flour a bit at a time, continue mixing until well combined. Add the pears with lemon juice into the mixing bowl.
5. Spoon the mixture into a 25cm (10in) buttered round cake tin and cook in preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas4 for 40 minutes.