This cake is very light and if you want to make it healthier excluding butter. The combination of pears and yogurt makes this cake soft and moist. It will taste great for a few days.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
310g (11 oz) self raising flour
125g (4½ oz) natural white yogurt
140g (5 oz) caster sugar
40g (1½ oz) butter, melted
40g (1½ oz) raisins
3 small ripe pears, peeled
Juice of ½ lemon
Flaked almonds for garnish
1. Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
2. Cut the pears into cubes and place in a bowl with the juice of half a lemon.
3. Beat the eggs with yogurt and sugar.
4. Stir in the flour and melted butter. Mix well and add the pears with the juice and raisins.
5. Butter a 25cm (10 in) cake mould, pour in the mixture and garnish with flaked almonds. Bake at 180C/350F/Gas4 for about 40 minutes or until the cake is golden. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool before serving.