Great recipe to prepare an exquisite loaf of bread made with strong flour and buckwheat flour (45%). Easy to bake, cheap and homemade!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Rest for 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour and 30 minutes
200g (7 oz) buckwheat flour
250g (9 oz) strong bread flour
1 teaspoon quick yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
250ml (9fl oz) moderately warm water
4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
1. Combine all the dry ingredients (flours, salt and yeast) in a large glass bowl.
2. Add the oil.
3. Dissolve the sugar into the water.
4. Pour the water and start to mix all the ingredients with a spoon, and then keep your hands inside the bowl.
5. Transfer the mixture on a well-floured surface and knead for 10 minutes to shapes the dough into a neat ball, not too sticky but simply silky and elastic. Put the ball to the bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand in warm place and away from drafts for at least 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, slam the ball on the work table and brutally knock the air out the dough, by bashing and squashing it, then knead for another minute to give the desired shape and then let rise again for another 20 minutes (always cover with a kitchen towel or let it rest in the oven switched off).
7. Bake in the middle of the oven at 200C/400F/Gas6 for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Your bread should look golden and sound hollow underneath.